The Orbion Network Nexus is a galactic scale equivalent of an internet backbone, and of a cloud server: a special internet which is part of what Maarites need in order to live and to do many of the special, cyborg-like things they can do. From tip to tip it can be reasoned out as over half the diameter of Earth's moon.
Despite the text in the picture, a Nexus' T1 coverage area can span a good few star systems, and more than one of these can occupy the same star system, but will narrow its operating power and range to T2: within the host star system. A Nexus operates well with non-maarite radio tech, so you can do like hostile but soap opera-loving aliens in Futurama and tune into your favorite TV show from a planet several light years away.
Midas Stars series, Maarites, Orbion object order © myself. c:
Googled space wallpaper. Should I not do this anymore?VRA: Volition Renderer Array.
A given machine assembly with a fabodextrite crystal or more in its cusp. VRAs are far more specialized and effective at their functions than VRBs are. The visible ones on maarite structures and vessels are usually for mobility, offense, focused defense, construction, and some ES (eccentric special) functions.
This structure's ES Equips:
- Adaptive Atmosphere. This vessel, though it has no internal habitable space, can facilitate containment fields and environmental settings for any recognized life form that is allowed to land on it. Its involved VRAs can churn out the required atmospheric gases and pressure, sculpt terrain and produce vegetation, fluids (in ponds) and raw materials (metals, crystals etc) within the bounds of its "safe zones." These things are provided only to sustain the crew of a damaged ship, that they may perform repairs and resume their course.
- Fractal Step. The ability to phase shift a given target, so named for the involvement of discreet plane of existence. The Fractal Gate Engine within this structure allows it to phase itself away to avoid a vey large threat, and is a core part of its radio functions.
- Radio Omnitool. Named accordingly, this feature all-around enables the interception, negation, encryption and decryption of many forms of radio signals.
- Silent Planet. The ability to generate a two-layered vacuum wall-like EM Disruption field that effectively renders a planet invisible to sensor tech. This structure must be in orbit around the target planet. The field is as solid as paper and can be tuned to the visible spectrum to cast absolute night.
- Godlink. Any two or more places in the coverage radius of this structure are linked for high quality, realtime communication. The fractal gate component of the radios renders distance irrelevant.
- Hypersense. Maarites themselves and many of their precision oriented tools possess hypersense. This function combines telescopic vision (and where applicable, enhanced touch or hearing) with maarad-based RADAR.